Medicare Supplements


Are you looking for coverage to supplement Medicare? We have a product that can fit your needs and your budget.
Read more...

 

Loyal-11-0004-E
Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap)

Medicare Supplement insurance policies (also called Medigap) give you choices in supplemental health coverage to fill gaps in services that original Medicare doesn't cover. You must be enrolled in Medicare to purchase a Medicare Supplement insurance policy. 


Find Out About Original Medicare

Medicare Supplement policies in most states fall into 10 standardized plans. They are designated by the letters A through N. Plan F may also be offered in high-deductible versions. Plans K and L provide for different cost sharing and Plan M and N allow for copayments.

Why could a Medicare Supplement insurance policy be important for you?

Medicare only pays about 80% of Part B (Doctor’s Office Visits) expenses. The other 20% or more is up to you.

All Medicare Supplement insurance policies are accepted at any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare and are guaranteed renewable for life. This means the freedom to choose any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare – no referrals required.

Why choose a Medicare Supplement from Loyal American? Find out the answer.

 

 


 
View a PDF of the chart below.
Medigap Plans

How to read the chart:


If a check mark appears in a column of this chart, the Medigap policy covers 100% of the described benefit. If a row lists a percentage, the policy covers that percentage of the described benefit. If a row is blank, the policy doesn't cover that benefit.

 

Note:

The Medigap policy covers coinsurance only after you have paid the deductible (unless the Medigap policy also covers the deductible).

 

 

Medigap Plans

Medigap Benefits

A

B

C

D

F*

G

K

L

M

N

Medicare Part A Coinsurance and hospital costs up to an additional 365 days after Medicare Benefits are used up

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

Medicare Part B Coinsurance or Copayment

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

50%

75%

checkmark

checkmark***

Blood (First 3 Pints)

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

50%

75%

checkmark

checkmark

Part A Hospice Care Coinsurance or Copayment

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

50%

75%

checkmark

checkmark

Skilled Nursing Facility Care Coinsurance

 

 

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

50%

75%

checkmark

checkmark

Medicare Part A Deductible

 

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

50%

75%

50%

checkmark

Medicare Part B Deductible

 

 

checkmark

 

checkmark

 

 

 

 

 

Medicare Part B Excess Charges

 

 

 

 

checkmark

checkmark

 

 

 

 

Foreign Travel Emergency (Up to Plan Limits)

 

 

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

checkmark

 

 

checkmark

checkmark

*Plan F also offers a high-deductible plan. If you choose this option, this means you must pay for Medicare-covered costs up to the deductible amount of $2,000 in 2011 before your Medigap plan pays anything.

Out-of-Pocket Limit**

 

 

$4,640

$2,320

 

**After you meet your out-of-pocket yearly limit and your yearly Part B deductible ($162 in 2011), the Medigap plan pays 100% of covered services for the rest of the calendar year.

***Plan N pays 100% of the Part B coinsurance, except for a copayment of up to $20 for some office visits and up to a $50 copayment for emergency room visits that don’t result in an inpatient admission.

View PDF of the chart above.
No insurance company or its agents are connected with or endorsed by Medicare, Social Security or any other governmental agency. This is a solicitation for insurance. Premium and benefits vary by plan selected. Plan availability varies by state. Medicare Supplement policies are underwritten by Loyal American Life Insurance Company. For specific costs and further details of the coverage, including exclusions and reductions or limitations and the terms under which the policy may be continued in force, contact the company. An insurance agent will contact you.

Website approved for use in: AL, AR, OH

 
Copyright 2012 Loyal American Life Insurance Company® Privacy Statement|Terms Of Use
Home | About Us | Medicare Supplements | Supplemental Health | Agents | Contact Us | Get A Quote